Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hitting the Bread Wall

I have two days left of bread class and I am counting the seconds. I have a massive final tomorrow(thursday) and a huge presentation and makeup on Friday. Oh boy. THen I get a bliss filled week and a half of no school. THANK YOU!

I get the general oppinion that most people think that it isnt hard to be a serious baker or Pastry chef. It is about putting ingredients together and basic things like that. But it is also about thousands of years of history, chemistry, Business, even architecture. All of it is super important. And with Artisan Breads, one single gram of extra ingredient can give your dough a closed cell structure and even one second of over handeling will kill your starter. I have a thousand little details running through my head 24-7.

Have you ever tried to temper chocolate? I guarantee you will screw it up atleast 5 times.

Makes it a little hard to sleep.

But Hy and I are going camping this weekend and I am seriously looking forward to not getting up at 4 am or having to make bread. Roasting homemade marsh. But after this break I have the beginning of my Veniosserie and Laminated dough classes. Oye.

No comments: