
Speaking of work, I was making pie dough on the 60 quart mixer with the blade attachment, and to make a long story short, I got my hand caught. It's been a week, and I am finally getting some of my flexibility back in it. The bruising has slowed down but my hand is still swollen. I can't wear my wedding rings, but I guess it doesn't really matter seeing as they were so bent that they had to be sent away. I won't get them back for another week at least! Lame.

My garden has been blowing up and everything is looking really gorgeous.

I bake for Hy every Sunday before he heads out for the week, so he always has goodies while he is away. (He is done being gone for a little while!)
This time I made chocolate cheesecake cupcakes. The cake is a vegan chocolate base, the center is a cheesecake base with chocolate chunks. No frosting necessary. We love them and I am working on different varieties!
*Ignore my overworked cupcake pans! Ahem Santa...


What else??
My very wonderful friend Ashley came to visit me! She is living in Seattle and took the 3 hour drive to our house so we could play! I am doing her wedding cake in August and after getting down to business, we were able to play in Portland!
We had lunch at Joe's on the river. It was uber tasty. It was also Ashley's first foray into crab!

She liked it!

This is her fiance David. He is a very nice guy and they are fantastic for each other!



We went to the Rose Garden, which wasn't very bloomed. Although, what was bloomed was lovely!





After that, we ran all over and played!


I'm SO glad that they came. It was such a nice break!
Puppies are good! Rue is a weird little sleeper! He prefers to only sleep on his back. On his back and between us in bed is his very favorite!

But sometimes he is so tired it doesn't really matter where he sleeps!


-Sarah, my cousin and wonderful friend, is coming on Sunday for 5 days! I am so stoked!
-The Blues and Jazz festival is happening next week! Major score!
-I am in love with this cake right now

Have a fantastic week!
No comments:
Post a Comment